Autumn is upon us; the nights are drawing in and there is frost on the ground. Many of you will be thinking towards December and beyond and looking to fully prepare your farm for the suspect arctic conditions heading to the UK this winter.
We have compiled a list of tips to be mindful while preparing for the Winter.
- Take into to consideration measures such as fixing dripping taps to ensure that water does not drip and freeze causing blocked the pipes, make sure pipes are properly insulated. This should help stop these kinds of problems Happening.
- It could be a good idea for livestock farmers, to inspect troughs and drain and any that aren’t in use. If cattle are inside, you could try turning off the supply to the trough at the meter.
- Have a plan in place in case something does go wrong. Have contact details of a plumber handy in case a pipe bursts
- Livestock can cope with lowering temperatures if they have access to plenty of food and water. Making sure that you have plenty of supplies is key for happy and healthy livestock.
- check you have plenty of bedding in stock and as much straw undercover as you can.
- Make sure you have plenty of salt or grit to keep icy roads and pathways clear.
- Keeping tractors in a shed or undercover could be a good idea when they’re not in use. making sure they are fully equipped with anti-freeze. Keeping batteries fully charged would also be advised.
- make sure that all of the farm’s buildings are properly prepared for winter before the cold weather is in full swing.
- It could be worth thinking about adding additional insulation Or upgrading to one of Buildings uk ltd agricultural buildings.
Our highly skilled team of metal workers fabricate the steel buildings at our U.K. factory and we are confident that our Steel Buildings are of the highest quality available on the market today.
Every Steel building whether Industrial, Equestrian or Agricultural we supply are custom designed to your requirements. Every building is individually designed to the very latest structural requirements and codes of practice. All statutory requirements will be adhered to and you will be provided with your own design supplied by our consultant structural engineers.